Sunday, June 22, 2014

Mount Washington Road Race - Recovery Hike And Sherpa Duties

Nelson Crag. From the Nelson Crag Trail.
On Saturday June 21st I hiked Mt. Washington with my friend Rosalea. We were there to support our friend Xar who ran the 54th Annual Mount Washington 7.8 Mile Road Race. I was a little concerned about doing this hike only a week after finishing the Laurel Highland Ultra. I didn't feel fully recovered and was not sure if this was a good idea. Though coming down was hard on the knees it was 100% the right idea to do this. It was inspiring to watch thousands of runners climb the highest peak in New England and to see my friend Xar finish with a personal best time. Here are a couple pictures from the day.
Xar (Left) getting encouraging words from coach Rosalea (Right).

Up in the clouds.

Headed down the Nelson Crag Trail. Blanket in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment